Cloud Security Architect and Cyber-Security Educator
Mr. Basu is a full time cloud security architect and a part time cyber-security educator. He enjoys teaching various courses when time permits in the evenings and weekends.
- Security Architecture
- Application Security
- Cloud Security
- Penetration Testing
- Infrastructure Vulnerability Management
- Project Management
- Cyber-security training
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500)
- Azure Solutions Architect (AZ 300/301)
- Azure Data Specialist (DP-300)
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, A+, Linux+
- LPIC -1 Certified Linux Sysadmin
- CompTIA IT Operations Specialist (CIOS)
- CompTIA Linux Network Professional (CLNP)
- CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CSIS)
- CompTIA IT System Support Specialist (CSSS)
- Microsoft Security Fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration
- Microsoft Networking Fundamentals
- CIW Certified Business Associate
- Certified Safety Sensitive Personnel
- Bachelors in Earth Sciences – Jadavpur University, 2000.
- Master’s in Applied Science – Indian Institute of Technology, 2002
- Master’s in Geochemistry – Georgia State University, 2004
- Master’s in Hydrogeology – Virginia Tech, 2006
- Associate in Cyber Security, New River Community College, May 2017
- Associate in Networking, New River Community College, August 2017
- Associate in Information Technology, New River Community College, August, 2017.
- Cisco CyberOps Scholarship, 2018
- SANS CyberStart Scholarship to attend special cyber security course developed by SANS institute, 2017.
- Outstanding Student Award in IT and Network Security, New River Community College, 2017.
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2016.
- President’s List, New River Community College – 5 times between 2015-2017.
- University Gold Medal, Jadavpur University, 2000.
- National Award, West Bengal Board of Education, 1997.
Cyber Security Competitions
- Finalist in Cyber Start hacking competition organized by SANS in 2017. Received $1500 scholarship and access to special cyber security development program by SANS.
- Participated in National Cyber League, 2017.
- Finalist at Cyber Security Competitions (RUSecure) at Radford University in 2016 (ranked 7th/70), Team captain representing New River Community College
- Finalist at Cyber Security Competitions (RUSecure) at Radford University in 2017 (ranked 5th/120),Team captain representing New River Community College
- IQVIA – Cloud Security Architect, April 2021-Present
- Infosys – Enterprise Security Architect, 2018-2021
- Harmonia Holdings – Software Engineer (Java) and Information Security Group Lead, 2015-2018
- Cardno Inc – Senior Hydrogeologist / Data Analyst, 2006-2015
- Virginia Tech – Research Assistant, 2004-2006
- Georgia State University – Research Assistant, 2002-2004
28,444 total views, 10 views today